Tok'ra Resistance Forum Index Tok'ra Resistance
Welcome to the Tunnels!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello all :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tok'ra Resistance Forum Index -> Newly Blended
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inara

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Hello all :) Reply with quote

My name is Inara, I am new here, I am super excited to be here. I always hated scifi, or so I thought, but my husband got me hooked on stargate! Smile I really love languages and co-run the conlangs (constructed language) groups on fb. I would love to learn Tok'ra language and simply be a part of this amazing community Smile

Questions are welcome Smile Suggestions as well Smile
roeskva

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello - and welcome!

The Tok'ra language (the same as the Goa'uld), is unfortunately not well developed on the show. You can find a list of most of the known words here: http://www.tokraresistance.com/dictionary.html

Various fanfic writers have invented Goa'uld/Tok'ra words, and I have from time to time considered collecting them and putting them in a list, so we slowly build a whole language, as I know has been done for Klingon and Vulcan in Star Trek.
Kitha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Unfortunately, as Roeskva said, the language is not terribly well developed. It can be fun to play with though. Science Fiction in general can be such a fun and interesting world to play in. You may enjoy the creative works of some of our fanfiction writers. Of which Rosekva is one, and quite good at it. We have some character development fiction here. I hope you enjoy it here. Have fun. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Inara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/groups/conlangs/

that is our constructed language group on fb, we have near 1,000 members and plenty interested in star gate, I would love for you to share the tok'ra language info there and maybe I can get someone to further it's growth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tok'ra Resistance Forum Index -> Newly Blended All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: