Tok'ra Resistance Forum Index Tok'ra Resistance
Welcome to the Tunnels!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Screen used Tok'ra uniform

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tok'ra Resistance Forum Index -> Tok'ra Uniforms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Screen used Tok'ra uniform Reply with quote

Contessa has managed to aquire a (partial) screen used Tok'ra uniform. Go Contessa! Here are some picutres of it. Higher resolution versions of the pics are on the Coppermine side of the site, and this info has been added to the Tan Uniform Costume Guide. I hope to eventually re-do my tan uniform with this new type of leather, and will update the rest of the pictures in the costume guide at that point.

We had the opportunity to look at it up close at Dragoncon. Here are some observations.

-Yes, the textured stuff on the costume is indeed tripe. How they tanned it is still beyond me. It is apparently just glued on.
-There has been some disagreement on if the leather used was veg tan or suede. It turns out it's neither. They actually used the WRONG side of a piece of smooth leather, and left the undyed/textured/grainy side out.
-They use lots of cut strips on the sides and shoulders. You could kind of see this in the pictures, but you get a lot better look at it in person.
-They have laces on the sides and the lace holes are reinforced with an extra piece of leather that is glued on.

Anyone else pick up on other details that I missed?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nemrac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arm holes are cut very large and between that and the cut stripes it is actually fairly comfortable to wear even in warm weather. However I still recommend carrying water at all times because you are wearing multiple layers. Luckily it's fairly easy to make a belt pouch to hold a water bottle and you could probably use the same leather as in the uniform itself.

I modeled this uniform for a Tok'ra costuming panel at Dragon*Con last year. The overall fit was fairly loose on me but it wasn't made with me in mind so that may not have been the intention of the costume department. Also, since each costume is unique, even on the show, the fit is somewhat open to interpretation and your own preferences.
Bra'zat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full authentic Femal Tok'ra costume for sale
http://www.stargateprops.com/catalogue/shopexd.asp?id=21978
roeskva

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it was less expensive. I am very tempted by the leg/wrist wrappings, as it is very hard to see those up close on screenshots from the episodes.

They say this:

"This original costume set was worn during the production of Stargate SG-1. Included in this female TOK'RA costume set are 7 pieces total including top, skirt, a pair of boots covers, a belt and two wrist guards. These original TOK'RA pieces were put together from a wide variety of different style tops and bottoms both men and women. This is a female set with different actress names written on the back and sizing varies so please email for more specific information."

Bra'zat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roeskva, contact Julie by the Legends webside, they have extra Tok'ra costume pieces Wink
Kitha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, this is so tempting....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
roeskva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a men's Tokra uniform for sale also, here:

http://www.stargateprops.com/catalogue/shopexd.asp?id=21979

"This original costume set was worn during the production of Stargate SG-1. Included in this mens TOK'RA costume set are 7 pieces total including top, skirt, a pair of boots covers, a belt and two wrist guards. These original TOK'RA pieces were put together from a wide variety of different style tops and bottoms both men and women. This is a male set with different actors names written on the back and sizing varies so please email for more specific information. This costume set will accompany a certificate of authenticity from Legends Memorabilia with serial number. "

roeskva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed them through "contact us" to hear if they will sell just the boot covers/wrist guards. Now we shall see what they answer Smile
roeskva

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have not gotten any reply from the people at Legends Memorabilia. Bra'zat, if you have talked with Julie on the Legends website before, could you contact them? I am interested in buying those boot covers and wrist guards!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tok'ra Resistance Forum Index -> Tok'ra Uniforms All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: